Reston turned 48 this month and Robert E. Simon, founder of Reston, turned 98! These are comforting numbers as I myself entered a new decade. And we all enjoyed cake and festivities on Founder’s Day.
I was actually eating my lunch at Lake Anne one bench to the left while this photograph was being taken! For some interesting facts on Reston, check out this recent Washington Post article.
I enjoyed two lovely al fresco dinners for my birthday with:
– a small group of family and friends
– 2 adorable little girls (one with pink hair)
– dappled red and white tulips, buttercups, and dandelion “wishes” and a canopy of wisteria
– 1 precious black and white calf
– 1 mischievous puppy
– copious quantities of sunshine and champagne.