8/17 – 8/19 – The Great Divide Basin in highs & lows:
- Seeing tons of wild pronghorn antelope & wild horses
- Sunsets with every colour of the rainbow (except maybe green)
- Meeting Tom (red jeep guy) again! More beer!
- Listening to Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close on my ipod
- Never-ending roads
- Never-changing scenery
- Nasty water that tasted like dirt
- Heat with no shade
But the good news is, we made it! It wasn’t actually that bad, but I think I’d had enough after 2 days. Dan had had enough after 2 minutes. On 8/20 we walked right into Rawlings, Wyoming, home of: an all-you-can-eat Thai buffet, the Mennonite Discount Grocery & Bakery; and the restaunt with the best bacon avacado sandwich ever…. in 2004, unfortunately it had now changed ownership. Still, it was a good ner-o.